THIS IS OUR AMAZING NEW GRASSROOTS COURSE
Evergreen Parenting’s First Steps embraces parents at their level of education and empower them through relevant advice, resources and training to fulfill their God-given role as parents. Households thrive as a result of the principles implemented. Communities become resilient because of these Evergreen principles.
The First Steps course is based on the content of the Evergreen Parenting Course by Hettie Brittz.
Evergreen Parenting’s First Steps Course was developed to empower and encourage parents with no or little educational background. It is a practical, interactive course that addresses the needs of multi-cultural communities irrespective of language or literacy. The material is fully adaptable to ensure relevance to the course attendees.
The material was developed by a team who have expertise in the following fields: formal education, social work, family therapy, farm worker training, adult literacy, community work and more.
Evergreen Parenting’s First Steps theory of change is:
- Parenting is a discipleship process which takes time and patience.
- Every person has a unique temperament: a God-given design.
- Parenting is easier when parents understand healthy authority and authority styles.
- Parents learn to adapt their style to each growing season and the needs of the season.
- Parenting creates a rhythm and a routine that helps a family to run smoothly.
- Through sitting together, talking together and playing together we establish a love-bound discipline.
- To change from inside out, we need God. We can’t parent without God’s love, forgiveness, care and guidance.
For more information please visit http://firststeps.org.za